• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is my FOS complaint valid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my FOS complaint valid?

Is my FOS complaint valid?

My student loan was sold by the Student Loans Company to Erudio in 2014. Erudio sent me a welcome pack, and I also asked for the credit agreements for the loans for my records. I sent my request to Erudio by post with a £1 postal order. I wrote to Erudio six months later, on the 4th November, and again on the 24th November reminding them of my request for the credit agreements. Erudio did not provide the credit agreements until February 2019 this year.

My complaint is that since my request for the credit agreements in 2014, Erudio has continued recovery of what was an account in dispute. Erudio defaulted my account, passed my account to a debt collector, and issued a Letter before action, which were in breach of Section 77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Erudio in their final response to my complaints, state they never received a £1 fee and request for the agreements, and therefore are unable to accept they breached Section 77.

I did send the request in 2014 and I have in my possession the Post Office receipts for both the letter and the postal order, which I have uploaded along with this complaint.
    Last edited by Maus; 1st July 2019, 20:50:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X