• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ignored Debt Collection letter but now seems to have gone away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignored Debt Collection letter but now seems to have gone away

Hi

A few years ago I bought something on a free trial subscription which I then cancelled and removed my card. However it transpired that the company tried to charge me anyway but having removed the card this did not work. They then sent this amount + "late" fees to collections. The original amount was very small, max £5. I disputed this with them once I realised it had been sent to collections but they said it was too late for them to do anything and they no longer owned the debt.

I was unaware of this until I received voicemails (not explaining who they were but I strongly suspect was a collection agency) asking me to call them back. I did do so but they refused to deal with me unless I gave them my personal information (name, address) because they could not be sure I was the account holder. I was not very comfortable with this as well it sounded like a scam.

I assume the same agency then later sent me a letter for the amount which were now about £20 including fees. I saw this and binned it before my parents came home. I can't remember who the agency actually was (although they did have blue branding) - I only looked at the letter maybe for a few seconds.

Although this letter was to my parents, the address which the money was invoiced may well have been a different address - if anywhere it would be the student accomodation I was in at the time.

I have had no communication (no letters, calls) from them since. There is no reference to this debt on any of my credit records from any provider nor to my knowledge have I ever been taken to court about this.

I just wondered whether this might resurface and lead to me getting a CCJ? Will this cause problems for me in the future?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X