• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PRA Group - Non-Enforceable - CC claim received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRA Group - Non-Enforceable - CC claim received

<repost of a thread started as a guest in welcome forum>

Hi all,
    A new member here looking for any help or advice.

Received a claim? Yes:
    Issue Date:23 Sept 2020
    Have you Acknowledged the Claim?: Yes (today, 1st Oct)
    Total Amount Claimed : £10,100
    Claimant’s Name: PRA Group
    Solicitors Firm: PRA Group
    Original Creditor: Barclays
    Original Debt : Credit Card
    Particulars of Claim: The Claimant claims the sum of £10,100 for the outstanding debt owed. On 27/09/2011 the defendant entered into an agreement with Barclays Bank PLC for a Credit under Reference ***. On 28/06/2018 the defendant defaulted on the agreement with an outstanding balance of £11,000 on 25/03/2019 the debt of £10,500 was assigned to PR Group (UK) Limited. Notices of assignment were sent to the defendant in accordance with S136 Law of property Act 1925. Payments of £500 were received up 08/01/2020. And the Claimant Claims 1. The sum of £10,100.

Is the debt Statute Barred (have you had any contact with the creditor or claimant over the last 6 years?): No not barred
    List any letters you have sent (eg: CCA/ CPR ): CCA applied for 4 months ago; CPR being prepared to send today

Any Other Information or Background Details:

In June 2018 I spoke to Barclays, explaining that I could no longer keep up the repayments on my Credit card, and asked for a temporary break. We agreed that I could afford £50 a month, and that this could last for 1 year. Upon which time my circumstances may have changed and we could look at getting back on track.
    8-12 months later I was informed by Barclays that my account was to be handed over to PRA Group and that Barclays would no longer in charge of the debt (Words to this affect, I do not have original documentation). I continued to pay the agreed £50 and did so for up until 08/01/2020, even after PRA group took control of the account.
    I had received no letters from PRA Group to discuss the details of them taking over my account, and so stopped payments, forcing them to get in touch. Which they did in March of this year. I sent them a CCA request as advised on this board. And the response was a Non-enforceable account. I thought fair enough, this will give me some time to discuss repayments with them. Which I started to do by ringing them up in April and offering them £5,500 to clear the debt. This was initially declined, but the rep I spoke to asked us to keep the conversation open, and he would contact me in a month. We then hit Covid, and the call never came (and I never returned the call). My partner and I then moved, and with the purchase of a new property (Not in my name) and organising removals etc and the move - took my eye off the ball, and have now just received a CCJ from PRA Group.

In the move I have misplaced or not yet unpacked the CCA resulting documentation from PRA Group. I recall that about 3 weeks after the acknowledgement that the account was non-enforceable I received a hefty envelope containing Credit cards statements from Barclays. But no signed agreement nor a letter saying that the debt was now enforceable.

I would appreciate any advice that you can offer as to how to proceed. I have just followed the sites recommended first steps, and have acknowledged the debt using the online service. This is within the 14day deadline. I have printed out the CPR letter and will send it by end of play today.

Is there any information that anybody could offer that would shine a light on how to go forward? I have seen past posts and this forum appears to be a very valuable resource.

many thanks in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X