• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Restons...Who do they think they are !!???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restons...Who do they think they are !!???

Hi, This is my first post, and I am also a newbie, so I hope I have this in the correct Forum !
    My reason for joining and being here, I have a problem ( don't we all ?!) and the root cause of this........our old friends Restons ' Solicitors' who seem to be infamous for various reasons!
    Cutting a long story short, Restons were acting for thier client Cabot finacial who back in the early 2000's brought a debt from Lloyds, with my name on it.
    From day one, I advised Cabot and subsequently Restons that the debt was not of my making and that it only remained due to an error on the part of Lloyds. I had documentation supporting this and even gave it all , including contacts to Cabot and Restons.
    The process became the most stressful and drawn out charade i have ever experienced.
    Restons chose to ignore my pleas, and instead proceeded to impose a charging order, a CCJ and a county court Baliffs Warrant on me.
    i maintained my innocence all along and even complained to Restons, who surprise surprise, refuted my claim and pressed ahead, whilst sending me ( another) financial questionnaire.!
    following the threat of baliffs knocking at my door, i decided that I had to do something myself as it was obvious Restons were not going to budge. I took time off work and contacted Lloyds myself, working through contacts until i found someone who could and would help me. I managed to explain the suituation and with the documentation I had , was able to get the debt brought back from Cabot, and an admission in writing from Lloyds

Despite this , Restons refuse to admit that they caused me , and very much wrongly so, years of stress and hardship, living in fear of the knock at the door, unable to get a mortgage, unable to sell my house, not having credit for a replacement vehicle........
    To top it all, 4 months on, the CCJ and charging order still stand !!!! they refuse to accept responsibility stating that they " were acting on instruction" Cabot deny this ( correctly) and having spoken to the courts, and Experian, word needs to come from Restons before anything can progress.
    The two regulatory authorities i have contacted cannot assist as I am not the customer of Restons, and they have actually not committed any foul play in respect of rules and regulations, or absconded with my money.

my question is............ how do i get thing sorted, I want them to realise they have done me wrong, i want my name cleared and some compensation. My appologies if I sound rather annoyed and blunt!

thanks in advance.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X