• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can a debt collection company record defaults?........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a debt collection company record defaults?........

Even if a default has already been registered by an original creditor?

First of all, I would just like to introduce myself as i feel its polite. My names Mark and i hope to be able to share/discuss issues which maybe of help to the community here

Just to give you a very brief background to the issue - I suffered financial hardship in 2005 and could not meet the minimum payments on my Barclaycard and was subsequently defaulted by them which was reflected on my credit file at the time. I offered to make reduced payments ( which i still am ) through a debt management plan
    The debt has since been sold to Cabot..around 2011.
    I have recently obtained a copy of my credit file which shows Cabot marking me down as missing payments on this account which unfortunately is having a detrimental affect on my credit status. They have done this because i have reduced my monthly payments following a DMP review but am offering to pay.

My question is, should this account even be on my credit file? I understand it should have been wiped after 6 years from the original default?

I have raised a dispute with Experain and they have advised that they are looking into it and need Cabots permission to remove these entries. I have also e-mailed Cabot explaining that i have already been defaulted on this account.

Unfortunately, I do not have any paperwork anymore or a copy of my old credit file as it was over 9 years ago now.

any advice here would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.!

Mark
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X