• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Duplicate entries for same debt - Creditor/ DCA won't remove

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicate entries for same debt - Creditor/ DCA won't remove

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me regarding an old account of mine that feel into debt.

It was a Yorkshire Bank Account that I opened Nov-08 and late 2010 after failing to make some Direct Debits this led to lots of charges and fees and a £383 debt. I tried to reclaim back the charges and get them waived but was unsuccessful.
    The account defaulted and was passed to debt collection agencies. I remember receiving correspondence from Cabot Financial and this was the last I heard of it when I moved house in 2011.

I have checked my three credit files and on each there are two defaults for this account, the comments are as following;

1/ Cabot Financial - Defaulted Jan 2011
    2/ Yorkshire Bank - Defaulted May 2011, Satisfied May 2011 –
    Experian file also stated (Assigned to CAIS member 07/11), this note is not on Equifax or Call Credit

I have tried contacting both Yorkshire Bank first and then Cabot Financial trying to get one of these defaults removed as they are both for exactly the same debt however both have refused. I have also contacted each of the CRA's and only had success with Call Credit who removed the Yorkshire Bank default.

Can these companies do this as it seems very unfair to have two defaults for the same debt. When future potential lenders look at my Credit File will they see both separate defaults, I am right in thinking this will make my chances of getting future credit even worse?

Does anyone know if I can take any action to get one of them removed? Ideally the Yorkshire bank default as they have marked this as defaulted in May 2011 which is later than the Jan 2011 by Cabot.. I will have to wait longer for it to drop off CRA files!!

Any help much appreciated,

Kind Regards

Matt
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X