• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Experian refunding all fees charged for service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experian refunding all fees charged for service

This is no issue, and it was fairly easy but I thought I let ppl know.
    When I moved to the UK in 2011 I immediately registered with Experian (coming form a country where the system is completely different and incompatible, I arrived with no credit records and was hoping I can build a good score.)
    They never sent me the PIN. To be honest, it never clicked with me - I didn't actually need the access.

I contacted them once, after moving when I realised there must be a glitch on my report, and that I could not log on to see it, and they asked me to send copy of passport, 2 bills etc from my new address to verify it's mine.
    I sent this, obviously tracked and signed, and they never reacted. I waited two months and called them once more.

I think I was lucky with the guy I talked to, he simply told me that he sees I never ever used their services while paying for it for 1 yrs 5 months. I told him I wish to cancel. He OFFERED to refund the WHOLE amount paid - before I even got to the point of complaining that they provided no access to their services.

The moneys arrived on my account 2 days after and it was done and dusted. Though, the guy noted to me, I cannot have an account with them again using the 1 month trial period. But I registered with checkmyfile.com and find it more than enough - might be updated monthly only but I see CallCredit and Equifax and I see that Experian scores me lower and doesn't actually check if I'm on ER or not (which I am.) But they did the right thing and avoiding complaint they refunded immediately.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X