• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

getting iva removed from credit report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting iva removed from credit report

hi all i feel like i have been to hell and back I signed up to an IVA with creditfix a year ago. i was paying each month and thought I had this legal binding contract to sort out my debts and protect my home.
    WRONG a year on I was contacted by one of my creditors CBC my local council and they were threatening a stat demand for bankruptcy. i kept on contacting my IP creditfix who assured me that I was in a legal binding contract and there was nothing they could do. after some time of CBC actually put in a complaint to Creditfix and then it turned out they had to discharge the IVA due to an administration error. it turned out that I did not have an IVA in the first place and as a result, I was now being taken to court for bankruptcy. they did pay me back the money I had paid in for the whole year but this is not the point I am now in a worse situation than I was prior to taking out IVA.
    i have now sort to get breathing space so that I can try to work something out the problem is after speaking with an independent adviser to see if I can re mortgage I am now in a fix as the IVA remains on my credit report despite the fact it never was a legal agreement because all my debtors did not agree to the IVA.
    i have now had to contact creditfix after speaking with the credit ref agency to see how I can get this removed and get them to write a letter stating that due to an administration error on their part, the IVA was not set up correctly and therefore should be removed from my credit file.
    if I don't get any redress I have also put in a complaint to the insolvency practitioners but I don't know if they will be any help.
    i feel like I am in such a mess and if I can't get the IVA removed I will have to sell my house and not even be able to get another mortgage for god knows how long.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X