• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lloyds unfair default

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lloyds unfair default

Hello, I need some legal guidance on following. I can pay but default is really hurting my credit score.

I had a payment plan with Lloyds in place to repay the overdraft. The payment plan was set to expire in November 2019, so I contacted Lloyds to arrange for another payment plan or to convert this amount into a loan.

In November 2019, I was unable to reach anyone.

Then I was travelling outside of UK between December 2019 and March 2020, so I didn't have time to discuss this with Lloyds after that.

When I returned to the UK, I called Lloyds to resolve the situation and was informed that my account had been closed and was now in the hands of Lloyds' collection department.

Since March 2020, I've been attempting to contact the complaints and collection department, but have been unable to do so due to COVID-19.

In June 2020, I filed an online complaint after discovering a default on my credit report.

From November 2019 to June 2020, I received no communication from Lloyds regarding the cancellation of my account, a default notice, or any repayment plans.

So I was completely in the dark until I noticed the default on my account. When I filed the complaint, it was confirmed that Lloyds had my correct address on file, so I didn't understand why I hadn't received any of their letters.

They never sent me any records of letters as I've asked for digital copies of the letters sent to me via the complaints department. This seemed unfair to me because my account had always been in good standing with them.

I believe this was due to Lloyds' negligence because they never gave me the option of paying this back in instalments or over a longer period of time before registering the default without prior notice.

In my complaint, I stated that I was willing to pay this back in instalments, but Lloyds refused, despite the fact that it was their fault for not informing me of this beforehand.

I was unable to pay the full amount between March 2020 and June 2020 because my wife was laid off at the start of COVID-19 and I was the sole earner in the household, paying all bills, rent, and
    so on.

I have yet to hear back from Lloyds about this default or payment plan because they keep bouncing me between their collection and complaints departments.

I want to remove this default and pay the debt if Lloyds agrees. What steps I should take? Can someone help me with any letter or anything that I can send to them to resolve this matter? thanks in advance!!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X