• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unknown Default from 2008 suddenly appeared on credit report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown Default from 2008 suddenly appeared on credit report

Hi there - hoping for some advice

I was checking my Experian credit report in preparation for possibly remortgaging and was shocked to see that my report had gone from Excellent to Poor. I went through my report to see what the issue was and there has been an Account in Default added by Lowell Portfolio. I have no idea what this is and all the info I have to go on is -

Opened 19th Dec 2008
    Default date 23 Mar 2020
    Satisfaction Date 27 Apr 2020
    Last Updated 07 Jun 2020

It is also showing a £0 balance.

I have since checked on Clear Score and my score has gone up in that same period with them but again I dug around to see if anything had been added and yes there had been a closed account added by Lowell in July but it was not showing as default, just closed with a zero balance.

I have since run a few soft searches for credit card transfers etc and all that is showing now is credit cards for poor credit and high-interest loans etc.

The last few years have been a long slog to clear debt and get my credit report up to scratch and I'm just gutted by this. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X