• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virgin Media Dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Media Dispute

Hi All

Just some help please. I noticed a default from Virgin media, it was at my partners address, where I stayed temporarily whilst in between house moves. I had virgin transfered it for the six weeks to my partners whilst the house was getting ready and then transferred it to my new house.

I then cancelled Virgin, had no issues with bills etc, I assumed that the contract just roll over after having it transferred. With me.....

Then I started getting bills from them even though i cancelled, I even gave the box back. I complained and nothing happened, however i received letters from at least five different collection agencies for different amounts. I complained and heard nothing apart from they were no longer pursuing the debt.

I saw he default contacted Virgin and was told in not so many words, yes its for that address, we did transfer it from there from your old address and then the new, but you still are liable for the debt.......BUT if I can prove to them I wasn't living there, they would look into it......
    I replied, it was a stop gap, and you have confirmed that. When I asked them to prove it to me with a breakdown, because part of the debt was because they had messed up their admin. The reply i got was........
    "Due to the length of time that has passed we're no longer able to provide you with a copy of the contract letter that was sent to you"

It is the default that is the problem, if they can prove i owe them, that's fine, however, as I explained if that bill was outstanding surely my services would have been cut..

HELP PLEASE
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X