• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Orginal Agreement or Reconstituted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orginal Agreement or Reconstituted

Hi All,

I have had a Barclaycard account since 1994.

In 2012 I requested all data held by them via a SAR (DPA 1998), in the hope that I would be able to make a claim for penalty charges to reduce a rather large outstanding balance of £7.9K!

After eventually getting some data, (please note I was only given data going back to 2001 and that was only after I took them to court for breech of the DPA) I was able to establish that they would owe me around £2k after clearing the £7.9k.

However, there response to my initial letter was to state that they believed their charges were in line with the OFT ruling of £12 and that any charges older than 6 years and over £12 would not be considered due to the Limitation Act (1980).

I wrote to them again in 2014 asking for a copy of the executed agreement. to which they responded by sending me a reconstituted set of T&C's for the 1994 agreement and a set of T&C's as varied.

I questioned this response with them several times throughout early 2015, to which they always responded with 'they had fulfilled there obligations under the CCA 1974'. Eventually, I stopped making payments to them in May 2015, as it was my understanding that the account was in dispute.

In June 2015 Barclaycard sent me a letter stating that they were going to be selling the account on to PRA Group (UK) Limited. I wrote back to Barclaycard and advised them that the account was still in dispute, their response was that they did not believe the account was in dispute.

In September 2015 I received further correspondence from Barclaycard stating that they had sold the account on to PRA Group (UK) Limited, I also got in the same envelope an introduction letter from the PRA Group.

The fact is, I can remember signing an application form at a Barclays branch close to the university I was attending at the time, I do not recall ever signing an agreement or seeing any T&C's until recently.

I suppose my questions are:

1. Should I take them to court for the Penalty Charges?
    2. What type of agreement should they have supplied?
    3. Should I explore the possibility that they have breeched the CCA 1974 and take them to court for that also?

Any guidance will be appreciated....BP
    Last edited by BP61; 3rd November 2015, 11:26:AM. Reason: Missed a couple of points
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X