• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Section 75 claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Section 75 claim

In October 2013 while on a visit to New York I was looking to purchase a Gopro hero 3 action camera, I was looking in a shop and was shown a similar product priced at aprox $218 and was persuaded by the salesman that it was just as good as the one I wanted so made the purchase using my wife's Halifax credit card.
    Having used the camera a few times over the Xmas period to get used to it I noticed that the screen was flickering and the picture was fading in and out, it is described as a HD action cam but HD it certainly is not, I also tried to use it recently and the battery only lasted 10 minuets making it useless. In January I attempted to contact the shop and the manufacturer without success ( the warranty was only 90 days ) I did some research on line and discovered that not only are these common faults but they sell for $39 so it was massively over priced, still having no joy with the shop we made a section 75 claim on the 6th of Jan, the card company quickly replied asking for receipts details of the warranty and details of the fault,which was all provided plus descriptions in 2 phone calls 2 weeks ago we had a call from the claim investigator saying if she had not heard back from the manufacturer by the Friday she would pass it on to a manager for a decision,last week I had an email saying they they had an email from the manufacturer claiming they had a back log of emails which they were working through and would reply ASAP.
    I get the feeling we are being fobbed off in the hope I will go away.

What should my next step be as I feel they should of settled this claim by now!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X