• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Worth requesting for a CCA?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth requesting for a CCA?

I'm on a DMP through Money Plus (will stop using them due to the fees they charge). I've recently seen that requesting for CCAs can be beneficial as the debt isn't enforceable.

I have a few questions:
    1 - a lot of my debt is relatively recent, 2017-2019. What are the chances CCAs will be available for these? A lot of that debt now is with PRA 2 - One of my credit cards was with Nationwide, who the debt is still with. I'm assuming they will most likely still have the CCA, although the credit card was opened in 2009. What is the likelihood of this
    ​​​3 - Do I need to wait for replies of acknowledgement before saying "until I have a CCA i will assume the debt is unenforceable" or can I make the assumption once I send the letters off?

I appreciate it's always worth asking for a CCA but if anyone could help with the above, it will help me manage my own expectations. Total value of the debt is £40k across 2 loans and 6 credit cards. Made a few silly decisions which unfortunately I'm paying the consequences for, literally.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X