• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Purchase

Having recently made a car purchase order (last Sep) and paid a deposit I ran into a problem when I decided to overturn a decision to cancel the order.
    I contacted the company late evening via an e mail requesting to cancel the order. The following afternoon I was contacted by the sales person asking why I wanted to cancel and if he could do anything to change my mind. The conversation ended by him stating that he would need to find out about my deposit return ( had the build of the veichle started which may impact on my monies being returned and possibly I may owe more money to the company). That evening I had second thoughts and the following morning requested that the order remained ( please do not cancel, please ignore my cancellation request ). I was contacted by the company stating that they would reach out to the manufacturer and overturn the cancellation. Two days passed and I received further e mails stating they where still trying.
    Finally I have been informed that to proceed with the purchase I will have to place a new order, the price has gone up by £900 as all prices across the range increased last Sep.
    My question is where do I stand
    I have no written confirmation that the original order has been cancelled
    I have not recieved back my deposit for the original order.
    The company states that my original e mail of a cancellation request was enough to terminate the contract even though they did not acknowledge the fact in writing nor have returned the deposit.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X