• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

London & Quadrant Housing Association - Lost Documents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London & Quadrant Housing Association - Lost Documents

Hello,

I took a 25% government grant in 2003/2004 to buy my property, administered by East Thames Housing Association t/a Boleyn Housing Association. However, in 2016, the housing group was dissolved and taken over by London & Quadrant Housing Association based in East London. There's a charge placed on the property in case or should I sell the property. I now have 5 years left to pay off the mortgage. In May, I asked L&Q to send me all the information relating to the agreement and property under SARS, I was informed they don't have anything on their system in regards to my property. However, I persisted with Phone calls and it paid off. There's a team called Staircassing which holds the details of my property, but all the paperwork has not been transferred over and hence, they're still unable to provide any tangible copies of the agreement signed, they can only see my details on their system.
    The question I will like to ask is Whether the agreement is enforceable? Although the grant comes from the government, the Housing Association wants to share the equity made from the property. I paid £160k for the property and it is now worth £340k.
    All legal advice will go a long way
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X