• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please Barclays Partner Finance Wrong Informaton PCP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please Barclays Partner Finance Wrong Informaton PCP

Hi all, new to the forum and this is my first post, so please be gentle! Seen there’s been lots of really useful knowledge shared with members and am hoping someone could help me or have an idea!

This is a slightly bizzare one.... and a lengthy post to try and explain it all, but hopefully it makes sense!

The issue I have is regarding a car on finance. I took finance out on a car in August 2016 (PCP) which the credit agreement ended in August 2020. I spoke to the finance provider and they offered me various options, I expressed I’d like to voluntary terminate the contract rather that voluntary surrender or pay the balloon payment.

I received no further contact so chased them up in October to be told the options I was given are not correct and the only option is to surrender the car, they sell at auction and I’m left with the shortfall. They could find no record I had spoken to anyone previously despite me clearing security with them. Then had the cheek to tell me the number I originally called wasn’t a number for the company... and I was making it up. Despite the phone number listed on paperwork, their website and the fact it goes through to them. I ended up getting frustrated and raising a complaint, which funnily enough didn’t go anywhere and they found no issues in their part. They told me someone would be in contact to collect the car - this didn’t happen either.

Fast forward a few months they sent me a letter telling me to contact them within three days to give the car back. Which I did, and this is where I’m becoming a bit stuck and have no idea where I stand. So I spoke to collections department to arrange the car being picked up. They said they couldn’t pick it up as they’d sent the account to their solicitors to be repossessed, despite them not picking it up the first time round. They also said the details they had on my account did not match up with the details of my car - in 2019 they queried the VRM and I gave it to them, and nothing further was said or looked into. The VRM they had is a car I’ve never even seen and was registered in 2016, yet my car was registered in 2014. I gave them my VIN and VRM and they said they will raise another complaint, escalate it to management and get back to me. Still waiting for a response from them. They was apparently trying to get the dealership to send them a copy of the invoice, of which I have a copy.

In relation to the paperwork:

My VRM and VIN on the Invoice is correct, and matches the logbook - it is the car I wanted to finance and bought.

The VRM and VIN on the credit agreement which states ‘the credit is related to the supply of specific goods’, is incorrect, as is the date of registration on the car which is listed on the agreement.

The VRM they told me on the phone which they had on the account, is neither my VRM or the VRM on the credit agreement.

Also under the Ts and Cs, it states ‘I have a right to terminate this agreement and in doing so they will be entitled to the return of the goods and half of the total amount payable which is £12,000(ish). But yet under the table of figures, it states the total amount payable is £18764. Which half of, is not £12000....

I just wondered if you had seen anything like this before or had any idea as to where I stand with it all?

Also my car is showing clear on a HPI check fo any outstanding finance

If any of you have any idea it would be greatly appreciated!

PS I am well aware people may take the viewpoint of ‘chancer, something for nothing’ etc etc, that’s absolutely not the case. It’s so messy on so many fronts and I’d like to know where I stand generally speaking!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X