• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marstons Bailiffs Help Fine paid In full No paperwork

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marstons Bailiffs Help Fine paid In full No paperwork

Hi,

I hope someone can give me some advice on what to do, I know what not to do when bailiffs arrive at home. Marstons called my employer today, i work in an office and I did not answer the call(so I don't know what he said). I answered the call in a busy office with all my colleagues listening, he was ever so nice, talked very professional and made himself sound like he was calling from the courts, he asked me to call him back straight away as he understood it was embarrassing for me go somewhere private he said and ring me, to which I did.

I listened to what he said : He was in possession of a distress warrant. He had been to my home no answer. He had called my mobile no reply.
    he said I had 24hrs to pay before he gained entry. So can I take payment now over the phone or do you want to call me back tomorrow (Saturday) with the payment. At this point I had not said a word, I then asked him where he was calling from, he answered he has been asked by the courts to collect monies for a outstanding fine of £600 ( I actually got fined £300 for sale of a vehicle without a log book). I asked him again where or who he was, he then explained Marstons.

I told him there was no way I had this kind of money, he asked me to borrow it and he would call me tomorrow I told him no he then said I will give you 7days I again said NO, what other options do you have for me ie payment plans (my mind was racing as I was at work wasnt thinking clear) he said there where no options open. I finished the call and said I will deal with courts knowing I couldnt and the call ended.

I came home my son has been in all day (20yrs old), I asked my son had anyone been he said no. There was no letters of this person calling or notification just a call. What should I do - I was going to pay £200 on Monday to the courts has I have a swipe card for the fine. I dont want him calling and taking my car or anything else.

Also how long before he will call me again how much time do I have to go and pay the fine off and will I ow him the extra. Hope you can help Can they call you at work and harrass you like that on a private works number.

... I have paid the fine in full today with the swipe card.. As I have no paperwork from the bailiffs because they didnt post any when they came, and I didnt see them as I was at work, and my son didnt hear them so they have never seen anyone at my property, when they come back what should I do.. I dont want to take any paperwork from them. oh and can they still take my goods for there fees. do I have to pay there fees
    Kim
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X