• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

B & S Bailiffs, Blackwood - form 4 filed - advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B & S Bailiffs, Blackwood - form 4 filed - advice needed

Very long and twisted story but I'll stick to the facts - need some serious advice here...

20th May - commercial landlord comes into my office and throws me out on the street - physically evicts me - because he claims I din't pay rent on my house (same landlord). I called police who decided it is civil matter and they won't get involved. My landlord locks up my car, tools, complete office (documents, bills), customer's car and says he doesn't know how much I owe him but it's got to be a lot....
    1st June - my customer with assistance of police manages to get hold of her car, I attend as well only to find out that landlord has appointed bailiffs - B&S from Blackwood. When I say to bailiff I have been evicted so there's no need for bailiff he says I have abandoned property! Police officer confirms I was evicted but bailiff says it's too late and his job is done. I ask to see copy of warrant and proof of debt - refused but given list of items seized. Debt is for £10k and it's in my name (!!!!) I warn the bailiff he needs to release my tools and company car - refused. Car is registered in company name not mine, landlord refuses access to property and threatens to press burglary charges if I try. Police says again it's civil matter and they only will keep the peace...
    Managed to speak to landlord who admits the debt is made up (!!!!!) and he wants £3.5 k in cash with no invoices to make this go away - if not he will sell everything ( everything inside is worth well over £20k). I contact B&S again asking to release tools and car - they say they can give me £100 worth of tools but won't release anything else.
    In the meantime VAT man calls and wants to see some invoices - I ask landlord for access he refuses again - gave me time to 21 (today) to come up with the money. I didn't pay today - I refuse. It is robbery in the name of law - police will not help, I've been 5 times to see them, no solicitor will take case on 'no win no fee' basis...
    Spoken to B&S again today and requested to see copy of the warrant, proof of debt, release of the car and tools - refused again and told to pay and be greatfull that landlord offered me so much time to pay....
    I knew I was dealing with crooks so I got all the evidence I need, filed form 4 complaint and tool landlord to court. I don't know what my chances are, I haven't got money for solicitors but I won't give in to criminals.
    Any advice is more than welcome, I will fight this on my own and anything can be useful - please provide any information you can - thank you!

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X