• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help Please - Bailiffs Adding Fees AFTER Debt Paid in full.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please - Bailiffs Adding Fees AFTER Debt Paid in full.

Hello,

I received a Notice of Enforcement Letter from High Court Enforcement Group regarding a court order obtained against my small business. I’ve never received the court order so was unaware the situation had gone as far as it had (it relates to a dispute with a card payment terminal contract - long story)

However the letter stated a judgment had been obtained and as I had to pay the full outstanding amount before 23:59 on July 2nd. The outstanding amount included £75 bailiffs ‘compliance fee’.

I paid the full amount outstanding on July 2nd via the HCE Groups online payment portal. The amount paid was slightly higher as interest had been added since the date of the enforcement notice. I emailed a copy of the payment confirmation to HCE Group as well.

On Friday 5th July 2 bailiffs called to my home address demanding payment of enforcement fees. They stated I’d paid the debt in full but I hadn’t paid any of their fees. I’ve never been i instructed to pay any fees, they’ve never attended my property or spoke to me before and moreover I paid the debt the full as requested before the deadline. However they are adamant I now owe them £485 for their enforcement fees.

I wasn’t at home at the time unfortunately but my husband was and he sent them away after taking delivery of their Intention To Take Control of Goods Notice which demands £485. I spoke to them on the phone and they were adamant I had to pay and that the amount due would now stand at £685. I argued that as they hadn’t enforced anything then surely this isn’t due? Their one and only letter I’ve received detailed a £75 compliance fee. It then stated that if the full amount wasn’t paid that further fees MAY BE added and they may visit my property.

I sent a screenshot of the letter to the guy and he replied to say he will check with his office in the morning. If anyone can advise on what I should be doing to contest and bring this to an end I’d be very grateful!
    I have emailed their office on Friday night but received a standard ‘well reply when we can’ message. I’m just concerned they’re going to turn up at my house again either Monday or Tuesday. My husband isn’t a well man and I’ve got 2 kids under 16 at home. My 9 year old was present on Friday and witnessed everything.

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X