• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN charge and bailiffs.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN charge and bailiffs.

Hi All,

Wondered if I could get some advice:

I sold my flat in March 2020. I moved into my new house in May 2020. When we moved, we informed our road tax of our address change and informed the DVLA through updating our driving licences. Our insurance was also informed so as of May 2020 from our knowledge, all of our information was registered to our new address.

In June, 2021, I unknowingly incurred a PCN. All notices of the PCN, red letters and warnings went to my previous address despite all of the information having been updated.

This week, on Monday, the bailiffs turned up at my current (new) address, informed me of the PCN and that I had now incurred charges. They had clamped my car and were due to tow it away should I not have paid the £513 fine. I panicked and paid up.

I obviously am incredibly frustrated as the current owners of my previous flat didn’t forward any letters back to the council to inform them I no longer lived there. Also, as far as we were concerned, the DVLA were aware of all of our details. We then realised we hadn’t updated our Log book as when we purchased the car there wasn’t one with it.

I tried to appeal this with the council, but as it was long past the 28 days issuing of the PCN, I couldn’t appeal it on Lambeth’s website.

I have just sent an appeal to the Traffic Enforcement Centre at Northampton county court to attempt to get some money back, but am unsure they will accept the PE3 and PE4 forms as the automated response stated:

If your email relates to any of the points below TEC will not respond to your email as you will need to contact the Local / Charging Authority:
    · Queries relating to the penalty chargebefore it was registered at TEC
    · The validity of the penalty charge or Vehicle ownership
    · Representations that you may have already made to the Local / Charging Authority or adjudicator
    · Payments

· Enforcement agents / Bailiffs
    · Breathing Space / Debt Relief applications
    Alongside the appeal form I added my driving license with current address, proof of my insurance address change in 2020, proof of the sale of my flat in March 2020 and proof of the purchase of my house in May 2020.
    I am just so frustrated as if I was at fault, I would have paid the initial charge. I would have no reason to ignore it if I was aware of it.

I would just like to challenge how this was handled as I knew nothing about the charge. There was no ticket on the car as I was caught on camera. I am concerned that I was given the ultimatum to pay or lose my car and incur further charges and also concerned the whole situation can have an affect on my credit score thus affecting my mortgage.

if any help/advice can be given- it would be greatly appreciated. As it seems there is nowhere I can go to even discuss a resolution of the matter.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X