• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HRMC SA Dept and Income / Expenditure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HRMC SA Dept and Income / Expenditure

Hey,

I have gotten myself into trouble with HRMC here due to child benefit self assessment charges and interest totalling £11K.

Had a collection office turn up from them who has already issues me with a £75 charge and I have had to create a HMRC self assessment account and complete returns for the last 5 years (something I was only asked to do last year and I genuinely mean that).

Anyway - completed the returns now and the agreement we have is that I will speak to the collection person on Thursday to work out what the updated debt is and hopefully arrange a repayment plan. I have been asked to do an income / expenditure sheet which is fine however my finances are not great and my outgoing already overtime my basic salary. I have a commission heavy job and am the sole earner in a large family meaning if I take my foot off the gas and don't bust my guy then my basic just doesn't cut it.

Is there a law here saying they can literally force me to repay every scrap of spare money I have here or do they need to be reasonable and allow for things like kids clothing, unexpected purchases or having a modest life etc ?

I am going to appeal against the interest for 2014 and 2015 as I genuinely did not get any contact from the tax office about this but need to at least get some breathing space and no live with the fear a HMRC baliff will come crashing thought my door.

Any advise I could get would be fab.

Thanks

Scott
    Tags: hmrc debt

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X