• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Motabilty Lease

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motabilty Lease

Hi.
    I was looking for a new Motability lease last year. My last lease I extended to 5 years as I loved the car so much.
    So I started looking around. There was a problem with getting new vehicles at the time and the waiting list was 2 years in some cases. I kept calling around and came across Stoneacre Seat in Chesterfield.
    I spoke to Joe on the phone. He assured me he could get me a Seat Arona FR within two weeks. I was over the moon, even though the £1700 advanced payment was through me.
    I set up the lease and eagerly awaited picking up my new car. The day came and I headed to Chesterfield. When I got there I was told Joe was late and this lady would be dealing with me. She was the head honcho of Stonacres Motability Leases.
    She seemed nice, polite and respectful. I paid my advance, put in my pin and then she told me, oh, I only have one key. Joe has the other, we will post it to you when he gets back. 1 month later I called about the key. Plus I also wanted to mention the mileage, as the car was allegedly brand new. One hundred-odd miles had been driven. I was told Joe had lost the key. I was not happy that someone now had a key to my car.
    Then when I lost my other key, my insurance found out I had only been issued with one key. They cancelled the theft on my insurance. Once I complained to Stonacre the story changed to the manufacturer had only supplied one key.
    I complained to Motability, but they just never got back to me. I complained again to Stoneacre, and then Motability called. They told me that all my services would now be done by Lookers Stockport. As Stonacre refused to touch the car. I am now stuck in a car with one key. This morning I go out and the car won't start. I check everything and notice on my instrument panel that every door is open even the boot.
    Can I do anything about that? It's another example of the abuse of the Motability scheme. It has stressed me so Motability sleep.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X