• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ set aside hearing - what to bring?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ set aside hearing - what to bring?

Hello!

I had a paypal debt (buy now, pay later) from around 2016 bought by a debt collection company without my knowledge. I moved several times over 2015-2018 (this was during university) and whilst I kept my paypal account up to date with my address, I was unaware the debt had been bought and therefore did not contact debt collectors to update my address for them. For clarification the debt on my paypal account simply disappeared and I didn't question it as I was 19. I can assume they have sent letters to somewhere I lived for 9 months whilst at uni. CCJ was sent 2 years ago and I only found out last month due to a hard credit check. I sent an n244 explaining the situation and have been told I will be sent a date for a hearing to have the CCJ set aside.

What do I need to prepare or bring with me to prove I was unaware of this issue?
    I have had the same paypal account since 2011 which I can prove has been kept up to date with addresses : my reasoning for this being I thought I was keeping the people I owe debt to informed of any updates but instead debt had been moved to Lowell Portfolio/Overdales
    I can also provide tenancy agreements to prove I wasn't living at the address and haven't been for 7 years.

After a bit of googling I can see lots of similar issues with Lowell Portfolio/Overdales, will this work in my favour?

any help welcome!!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X