• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Faulty Car on Finance outside 6 months

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty Car on Finance outside 6 months

Hi

I'm hoping you can help. I bought a brand new Volvo V40 in July 2016 and since I took ownership I've had numerous faults with the engine warning light.

8th September having covered just 3,000 miles the car was returned to the dealer with the engine warning light on for a repair. They cleaned a sensor, reset software on the on board computer and the light went off.

In December 2016 the engine light came on again and I once again returned the car to the dealership for repair. This time they replaced an EGR value in the engine and some hoses. I collected the car and then the very next day the light came on again, this time with reduced engine performance. Volvo assistance followed me to the dealership, having attempted to fix the car and being unable to.

On each occasion I was never offered a courtesy car and it was only on the final occasion because I engaged roadside assistance that they hired a car for me.

The warning light came back on Aug 8th and I emailed the CEO of Volvo to complain. I have received a response from his office advising me that it is a known issue and that Volvo are working hard 'behind the scenes' to try and fix it, both in the UK and centrally in Sweden.

I've since found a Volvo member forum with 77 pages of customers having the same issue.

I have absolutely no confidence in my car and I have requested to exercise my final right to reject under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 as I believe the vehicle is not of satisfactory quality or free from defect.

My car is financed with Santander Consumer Finance and they so far don't seem very supportive. I've parked the car outside my house and I am not using it. I have sent a recorded delivery letter to the Volvo dealership dated with the current mileage listed and I have no intention of using the car because it doesn't feel safe.

Is there any advice that you can give me? Have I done everything right so far?

Best wishes

Pete
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X