• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

contracts exchanged but completion stalled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• contracts exchanged but completion stalled

Hi,

I've just been informed that my estate agent granted access to my property prior to completion and after contract exchange without my permission and the buyer discovered that there are some furnishings, two double beds and a wardrobe and table still left in the flat after tenants left. I am selling the property whilst not resident in the country.

The buyer has decided to stall the completion because he wanted vacant possession. I think I noted some furniture still in property in the original contract though I can't be sure until I verify with solicitor tomorrow.

I am annoyed with the estate agent granting access once contracts had been exchanged and wonder if I have any grounds for complaint?

I am aware that I need to verify the details of the original contract but just wanted to post this to see if there is cause for concern and how long the buyer can stall.

Thanks in advance,
    Nickymaybe
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X