• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Paypal asking me to pay another clients negative balance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal asking me to pay another clients negative balance

hi all

not sure where to start with this

on the 9/11/16 i received a large amount money into my paypal account - next day usual *your account has been limited* email

I had a linked account (an old business account) which had a negative balance - okay you got me.... I called and paid the balance on my debit card approx £370.00
    Then told there was another linked account - Limitations disclosed the name on the account to me........im a woman - this was a mans name which i advised to them straightaway that 1- they had breached their DP policies, and also that i obviously not MR XXX and also yes i was sure that i was aware of this person (i sued to work for him )

Escalated matter several time and currently dealing withe escalations team, have had emails and many conversations from them asking me if i know the man and to go see him to resolve the debt, have advised that going from the name they disclosed and the fact his business email address was displayed in my resolution centre (which has since been removed) that as previously advised that yes i was aware of him

However - I will not be held liable for his debt, they wont disclosed the amount, or any details, yet are saying that they are holding my funds until I resolve the negative balance on his account, the whole situation is bizarre, im pretty sure that i have got some legal stands here but i have no idea what they would be, someone suggested fincial harassment, however i said they arent harassing me for the money - they are withholding my money in order to try and get me to offset it to the other persons debt. i asked what if i did pay it, would you send me written confirmation of the linked account etc so i could take this to small claims - no they cant as im not the account holder

Does anyone have any advice at all for me, ive got a string of emails and am getting nowhere fast, as stated i did used to work for the man so we are linked through payments he would of sent me for services/goods - which paypal did advise me was the reason
    however im not related or in any other way fincailly linked to him so how on earth to payapl presume that i should i pay his debt and hold my money ?

any thoughts/help advise is much appreciated
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X