• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

DFS Leather Suite peeling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFS Leather Suite peeling

In September 2004, I purchased a 4 seater, 3 seater, armchair and footstool for the sum of approximately £3,000.00. A couple of years later the suite began to peel. As I know leather does not peel, its gets old and baggy, I believed the suite not to be leather

I initially contacted DFS sometime in 2008 via telephone and informed them of the situation, I was again told the suite was leather and maybe it was the cleaning solution which had caused the peeling. I explained the only cleaning solution I used on the suite was lukewarm water. The telephone conversation became heated, and I therefore disconnected the call.

Due to the pressures of life and being a working single parent, I contacted DFS again in 2009, I was given the same scenario. I then started writing to them (letters attached). Once I had informed them in writing the suite had been professionally looked at and, it determined the suite was not real leather, it was then DFS decided to send some one out to visit. At the visit it was promised that the suite would be reupholstered but I would have to pay £100.00. I disputed the fee and it was agreed I would not have to pay but nothing never came of it.

Again due to pressures of life, I never found the time to chase it up, even though everyday I promised, I would. I am at present on annual leave and have chosen this time to see the complaint through until the end. I really do feel I have been scammed by DFS and it seems to be the ones who are not wealthy, who get scammed. As a single parent, I cannot afford to give away £3000.00 to a well established company.

As I wrote to the CEO Ian Filby, today, I received a telephone call from Harry, Senior Manager at DFS, who informed me too many years had passed and there is nothing DFS can do. I am livid
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X