• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Abta Arbitration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abta Arbitration

Hello. on 31 December I went into Thomas Cook travel agent and booked a flight only return ticket to Sydney, Australia. I paid for the flight that day and my booking reference and Flight Voucher clearly states that the flight with United Emirates would be Birmingham to Dubai. Dubai Sydney on the 19 January. When I got to the airport to check in on the 19 January I was told I was not booked in on this flight but on a different flight and different Reference number and it would be Birmingham to Dubai. Dubai to Perth then change plane again at Perth and fly Perth to Sydney arriving a day later than expected. My mum was seriously ill in hospital in quarantine and I had been granted special permsission to see her and time was of the essence. I tried to ring the travel agent from the airport but couldn't get through and the airline could not put me on the flight that I had paid for so I had to board the plane as I needed to get to Mum.
    I sent the travel agent an email and told them what had happened. To cut a long story short I proceeded to complain to Thomas Cook and they admitted there was a "web" error with the booking and offered a goodwill gesture of £100.00 in the formof a Thomas Cook discount voucher.
    I did not accept the offer as I paid more for a ticket direct to Sydney, I incurred phone call costs and had to buy food at Perth airport plus I lost a day of my time with Mum. I have now complained to Abta and I have just done the pre-arbitration and today I had an email back to say do I want to proceed with Arbitration. I think this might cost me £100.00. I have not had any response from Thomas Cook via the pre arbitration. I have said they owe me for the difference in airfare as the flight that they put me on was 350.00 cheaper and they owe me for food and phone costs. Am I doing the right thing or is ABTA a bit of a con? Not quite sure what to do now. Thank you
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X