• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent advice required - Order to attend court issued

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent advice required - Order to attend court issued

Hi,

I am urgently looking for some advice in relation to an issue I face against Marsh Finance Ltd, and apologise if this is the wrong forum.

To cut a long story short, a vehicle was purchased some time back in 2008/2009 (can not remember exact dates) from Car Craft in Sheffield for just under £6000 to which finance was provided by Marsh Finance. Within a few weeks of owning the vehicle, it was apparent that the condition of the vehicle was not as presented by the sales executive. The vehicle would unlock itself during wet weather periods (due to water running into the door and shorting out the central locking system), as well as a number of engine related issues that developed. During this time, monthly payments were made on date.

We approached Car Craft on numerous occasions in regards the issues, but were continuously informed that, "It is wear and tear and not our problem". This continued to the point that we refused to pay on the finance until the vehicle had been inspected and issues rectified. Car Craft refused to do this, and after a few more months, the vehicle was voluntarily surrendered back to the company under repossession.

We awaited for notification of sale of the vehicle and a statement of credit outstanding from Marsh Finance. When we got it, our jaw hit the floor. Our £6000 purchase was now in the region of £10,000 to be re-paid to the company. Needless to say, we were not pleased by this and, I will be honest and upfront here - not the best decision made, we refused to pay.

We have had very little correspondence from Marsh Finance since this, although token ad hoc payments have been made by ourselves over the years, mainly through Citizen Advice intervention, and as a non-priority debt.

I have recently been served an Order to attend court on 4th April for questioning on the debt. The order states that there was an order/judgement made on 19th August 2010 to pay money to the judgement creditor (Marsh Finance) to the sum of £11,918.38. I have also just been informed that there was a hearing where a Attachment Order (interim?) has been made against the property. We have never received any paperwork or notification about either of these and as I have two young children at home, am concerned that I was not permitted to put a defence forward at this hearing.

I am not a fool, although admit I may have been foolish, and accept that I owe monies to Marsh Finance. I question the amount being stated.

I am at a loss currently as to what to do. I can provide financial information to Marsh Finance directly without having to go to a court - all they had to do was ask. I am even prepared to pay them back their £50 court fees. To gather all information on the account in relation to the amount in question would (more than likely) take longer than the 2 weeks I have been given before court attendance.

Is it worth contacting the company directly to request a hold whilst I get the information together? Should I contact the court? Can I go to Marsh Finance directly or do I have to go through the court?

I would really appreciate any advice on this as I am getting really concerned.
    I don't claim to know everything - I just learn and pass on knowledge.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X