• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Equal opportunities? Need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equal opportunities? Need help

Hi guys! I have this very weird thing going on in my work place right now and I need some advice on that.

I work for company with many different shifts/work positions/pay and so on. Pretty much like in every company. And here is the problem.

As a shift "A" we work 6 hours where shift "B" works 8 hours. Our job is different. But shift "B" recently complained to manager because as a shift "A" we are allowed to go home early as soon as we finish our job (with pay). And now the problem with shift "B" is that their job is continuous or in other words there is always something to do for "B" shift every day therefore they cant go home early like we do.

So to keep people satisfied in shift "B", my manager decided to keep us till we fulfil our working hours, even if that means sitting or hanging around for a cigarette, which is a bit pointless because right now for the next couple weeks we are going to be quiet work-wise due to xmas/new year period and often got 1.5-2 hours before our finish time.

Now, I am not questioning my manager decision, because we got paid our full hours so technically we should be doing our full hours.

But could he just say to people from shift "B" that our shift is different than theirs and therefore he cant do anything about it or he just made us stay to keep them satisfied?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X