• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ge money secured loan for £50000 nightmare.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ge money secured loan for £50000 nightmare.

HI, I hope someone can help me with a matter that i consider serious enough to try take legal action but i am not sure how to go about it or what to do.

we took out a secured loan with ge money in 2007 for 50000 to be repaid over 20 years, this time period is written in our credit agreement with them.
    we have been informed that this debt is now passed on to prestige finance.
    since 2007 we have paid regularly and never missed a payment, and it is since we were told this was getting passed on to prestige that we have discovered that the loan has not come down hardly at all, with payments of 659.00 a month the balance still stands at 48.134. this is nearly 8 years into our repayments, at this rate it would take nearly 50 years to pay it off.

it also made us realise that we have never received a statement from them during all this time, we foolishly never thought about it, believing the payments were bringing it down, and left it at that

if our agreement was to settle in 20 years surely they can't make us pay it for nearly 50 years?
    we are in the process now of contacting prestige finance and ge money, but who is now responsible for our complaint?
    what governing bodies regulate these companies so that we can write to them about this, and what type of solicitor would i need and which court would this go through.
    does this sound likely that have broken rules and we have been misled?
    we are requesting all documents relating to this matter and why the statements were never sent out.
    any advise and help would be much appreciated, and thanks for taking the time to read this post.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X