• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cooling off period - can I cancel my agreement with Purplebricks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling off period - can I cancel my agreement with Purplebricks?

My husband and I made a rushed decision to advertise our house for sale with Purplebricks last Thursday 20th August. We have had second thoughts and are reconsidering selling the property after all and want to cancel our agreement. I have agreed to their Pay later scheme but am wondering if I have a right to cancel with no costs incurred (or at least minimal costs) as I am within the 14 day cooling off period as stated in the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. I'm just not sure if the agreement is covered by these regulations...?

Their service agreement can be found here:
    https://www.purplebricks.com/terms/serviceagreement

The grounds that I am thinking I can cancel revolve around the following:
    1. The agreement is between myself and Purplebricks however it is only my husband that is the actual legal owner of the property
    2. Sales covered by the Consumer Contracts Regulations as I purchased the services online and therefore at a 'distance' and am therefore entitled to cancel within 14 days of instructing them
    3. Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 as although they state in their contract "In the event that we have made your advert live by advertising in on www.purplebricks.com, www.rightmove.com or www.zoopla.co.uk we will for the purposes of the regulations have provided you an advertising service and as such you will not be entitled to a refund" the costs they will have incurred will not amount to £798!

Any help and advice will be much appreciated!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X