• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello All,
    I,ve never used a forum before so am a bit green, before but have read some of the posts here and hope that I can get some help with an issue I have with AKtiv Kapital.

I took out a personal laon with Lloyds TSB in 2003. My partner had a heart attack soon after and I left work to look after him. Money was a huge struggle for some time and we fell behind with everything, not just the loan. I did enter into an agreement with LTSB to pay a small amount each month and continued with this until my partner died. I eventually went back to work full time and was able to resume full repayments
    until mid 2009 when I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and had to stop work. Back to an araangement with LTSB which I never missed.

In july 2013 I received a letter supposedly from LTSB informing me of assignment of the loan to Aktiv Kapital. Enclosed was a letter from AK with info on how to pay/contact them etc. The letter from LTSB looked like a dodgy letter head so I ignored these letters and paid LTSB the following month, then stopped payments.

At intervals I have received letters from AK offering reductions on full payment until recently when the tone changed. Last week I received a letter from them threatening legal action or a dc coming to my home.

I have made no contact whatsoever with AK, or PRA Group as their letterheads now say, but feel I should do something now before the matter escalates.

I would be very grateful for any advice.

Thank you
    Zoe
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X