• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick hi to everyone I retired and live in Eastern Europe buying a business and watching it turn into dust. The business was a guest house the building dispute having surveys and assurances was deemed unsafe a month after we took possession the heating system had totally failed this fact had been concealed and new EU regulations where adopted by the host country in 2014 rendering the property unfit to use for accommodation. The English couple we bought the property of fled back to the uk and have since vanished The idea was to top up my state pension after my position was made redundant within the NHS and my wife was forced into early retirement due to ill health from local government she was 58 diagnosed with breast cancer operated on returned to work to be given the option of taking early retirement she has no pension other then a state pension I have a very small occupational pension.
    I tried desperately for a year to find employment in the uk prior to moving abroad this drained most off our reserves Paying of to creditors what amounts we could with the intention of buying a very tiny property in the uk and working the guest house to pay of the outstanding debts we had accrued.
    Like lots of people we had a nice property with lots of equity our daughter had grown up the government and financial institutions had beaten the boom and bust cycle we where encouraged to borrow loans credit cards new cars fridges teles a plenty and of course all our friends and neighbours where borrowing so you would be made to feel left out if you didn't do the same and have all the nice things in life. After all I had left a high paid risky position and had a secure career in the NHS my wife was well established as a manager we both are well paid house prices kept rising then it all went sour. We cleared of as much of the outstanding debt in the UK that we had accrued and continued paying monthly repayments for as long as we could we informed alleged creditors as soon as we where aware of our plight most have come to an agreement for a small payment each month until such times as we can sell the property. However MBNA sold the debt to a company so have Opus the fun has started I will open a new thread for the moment this is my story why I am on this site and why I so desperatly need help and advice and fellow travellers.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X