• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello, CCJ, Parking fines and Baliffs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, CCJ, Parking fines and Baliffs

Hello,

I'm pulling my hair out without any idea where to start nothing like this had happened to me before so any points in the right direction would be appreciated.

April 2020 I moved into a Flat with parking for residents, permits provided by Met Parking, I called Met Parking, emailed (over 20 times in May 2020) them for info on how to get a parking permit. I was displaying temporary permits, after two months I finally got a permit application form, I completed it and returned via email with all the relevant documentation, fast forward to November 2020 and I had received 13 parking tickets from Met Parking, (where temporary permits could not be fully seen by ticketing officer) no permit received and any appeals were ignorned by Met Parking. By March 2021 Met Parking were thrown off by the holding company, who specifically mentioned an untenable situation of tickets, no permits for residents and them not answering calls. My landlords advice (which I do have in writing) was not to pay ticket, Met Parking had no jurasdiction and to continue to ignore. I did get some emails/letters from collection agencies end of 2020 early 2021, but whether it was stupid of me to ignore, I did, the landlord continued to advise not to pay and the fact that I had applied for a permit (got email proof) and with the holding company kicking Met Parking off, I thought this was the right advice to follow.

Jan 2024 I looked at my clear score account and had a CCJ 23rd December, I contacted the Courts and it was for £3352 for Met Parking, I told the court staff of the issues and they advised to fill in N244, I did this and filed in via email 2nd Feb 2024 and paid the court fee. I left the property in August 2022 (where I received the original parking tickets), had mail redirection until December 2023 and never heard anything from Met Parking or any paperwork to do with the CCJ, yesterday a bailiff arrived on my door step and then amount has now increased to £4456, I didn't receive any information from the Bailiff prior to them arriving yesterday. I've contacted the courts this morning to chase up N244 and it will be processed hopefully next week. I also took breathing space yesterday so have 60 days to decide what to do. Bailiffs DCBL gave me paperwork which included good taking control of my car, which I use for work and I'm very concerned they will try to take it.

If anyone can advise me on a starting point with this, is it worth me carrying on with the N244 on the basis that Met Parking did not provide permits to a resident ? the advice from landlord ? and I did not receive any paperwork from the Courts regarding CCJ or Debt Collectors ? this for me is the stuff of sleepless nights and would not have ignored a CCJ. I've emailed the Baliff with Breathing Space and that has been acknowledged. I could just about afford to pay the debt, but it will be tough and bailiff said they would not accept payment plan, he offered that information, I did not ask for it. I had mail redirection and registered my licence and car to my new address. Any help appreciated.
    Thank you
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X