• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pcp agreement breached

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pcp agreement breached

Hi, first time creating a thread on this forum. I have recently had my car seized by the police as my insurance payment is paid for by my partner who forgot to make the insurance payment due to unforeseen circumstances. The car is under a pcp agreement and I was told to go to the police compound, with 30day impound insurance which I got for £545, I then ensured the car was covered for 12months comprehensive insurance to ensure this didn’t happen again in the future. When I got to the police office they informed me they were happy with the documents I’d provided, but they had had to let the finance company know they had seized the car and the finance company informed them they would collect the car. I was then asked to provide the company with proof insurance, the situation at hand, my driving licence and copy of my V5Cwhich has all been done, I’ve heard nothing for 10 days and have just been told I have breached the contract so I have the option to buy the car, terminate my contract, or let them sell it and have me pay whatever is left. I managed to get accepted for a refinance but the company gave me the wrong settlement fee that finance option ended up falling through due to this and now I’m stuck. I’m not sure what to do or if there is anything that can be done. I have never defaulted on a payment and was rushed into signing my pcp agreement, is there any way I would be able to ask them to renegotiate the agreement as due to them giving me the wrong amount for the settlement figure my original refinancing option fell through.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X