• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Intrum Uk. Unable to provide My CCA agreement. Advice Needed please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intrum Uk. Unable to provide My CCA agreement. Advice Needed please.

Hello eveyone, i would be so very grateful for any advice on this matter please.

I have a debt with a Debt Collection Agency called Intrum UK. The debt is for £3300 for a credit card with the HFC Bank dating back to 2005/6. The debt seems to have been bought several times over by different debt collection agencies over the years and Intrum UK now have it.

I have been paying this debt at £20 per month in a payment plan with them for many years.
    On the 7th of September 2023 I requested By recorded delivery, a CCA Request for the debt.

Today i received a reply from them dated the 1/11/23. Their letter states that they have contacted HFC bank 'who are currently unable to provide them this documentation and although the balance remains outstanding, we accept we are not pemitted to take enforcement action against you whilst this request remains unfulfilled'.

The letter then goes on to state that my next *£20 payment to them is due on the 24/11/23 by direct debit and to provide a budget statement to them.

*Note; I have still been paying this direct debit of £20 every month whilst i waited for them to provide ther CCA , even though they said they would suspend the payments whilst they searched for the documentation. They did not.

My question is, should i stop the Direct debit and wait for them to contact me with a settlement offer, or just ignore any of the inevitable letters they will send me when i stop the direct debit as they cannot enforce payment.

Thank you so much for any advice.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X