• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking penalty not received but reminder received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking penalty not received but reminder received

I would be most grateful for any help you can give as I am getting all stressed! Here's my predicament :

I parked in Wembley Stadium in the free car park (90 mins allowed) on 30th January. From their evidence, it states I entered at 15:39 and left at 17:20 ie 1:40:08 (stated in their notice). I did not buy anything from that area to show any receipt, unfortunately

I went overseas on 18th Feb and got back on 5th March. I received a reminder notice on 8th March from UK Parking Patrol Office penalty for £100, saying that I did not pay the earlier penalty sent by post on 2nd Feb. I did not receive anything before my trip.

9 March : wrote to them by email on their appeals email address;

11 March : received their reply "time to submit challenge has expired" and IAS no longer available;

11 March : I wrote asking for proof of them posting their 1st penalty notice and also evidence of my exceeded stay;

23 Mar - received by email their evidence of my stay as stated above;

25 Mar - I re-appealed and gave evidence that I was away fm 18 Feb to 5th Mar. Also quoted from HMRC website re 10 mins grace period.

8 Apr - received debt recovery plus £170 to pay before 12 April.

I called them the day I received the reminder notice and told them that I did not receive any notifications prior to the reminder. I was willing to pay the £60 but they refused and said I had already missed the deadline to pay which was 28 days from date of issue (2nd Feb on their reminder letter). They said not their problem with royal mail delayed deliveries.

I told them I would like to appeal as it was unfair that I did not receive the earlier notice due probably to the postal service being very slow in our area (up to a month's delay). I asked for evidence as I did not think I had overstayed. I also asked for evidence that they sent me the 1st notice.

I looked up on POPLA and IPC but both can't help as it has gone beyond the time frame of the 28 days to appeal. How could I appeal if I did not receive their 1st penalty within the 28 days? Are they using this tactic to gain more revenue by sending out their penalty notices late?

Should I challenge them and take them to court? If you think I have a winning case, then I don't mind taking them to court. Or would you suggest I pay the £170 as I am in the wrong?

Your early advise will be most appreciated as I have to pay the debt recovery by 12th April (their letter is dated 6th April).
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X