• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCA Wescot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA Wescot

Hi there everyone, I hope you are all well.

Ok, so I need some advice please, I lost my job back in November 2014 and at the time I had racked up a few debts in the form of credit cards and a bank loan.

I did find new employment a few months after but got behind on repayments for the credit cards and loan and my new job was paying nearly £5000 less than the one I lost so a significant amount of money.

I started getting letters from my creditors and eventually I went to stepchange and they set me up a debt management plan. This was going well and I was paying a hefty chunk each month to reduce the debt and then covid-19 hit and once again, although now self employed I have taken a hit work wise. I do receive help from the Government in the form of the self employed income support scheme but this works out to about £850 a month. Taking into account living expenses, rent, food, bills and just generally living there isn't really anything left over to pay debts. Stepchange helped by putting me on a nominal payment plan, basically my 5 creditors get a £1 a month each and have done since last year.

Looking into my debts the past few months it now seems that all of the debts have been purchased by firms such as Moorcroft, Westcot, Hoist and PRA Group.

I have written to all of them a few months ago requesting a copy of the original CCA. A couple of the debt firms have come back saying they cannot find or dont have the CCA . None have mentioned that the debt is unenforceable .

I received a letter today from Wescot in the post and stapled to the letter was a copy of some documents that look more like a statement of payments etc and dates. It does have my name and address on but there is nothing anywhere that states the following:
    • your name and address when the account was opened;
    • the creditor’s name and address when the account was opened;
    • the terms and conditions of the account at that time, including the cost of credit (the Annual Percentage Rate), when you have to make payments and your cancellation rights; and
    • any other other documents that were mentioned in the Terms and Conditions.

The outstanding balance according to Wescot is £2183.53. The letter states that the balance shows as 0.00 due to the fact that the account has been passed to collections and that however, the balance is still owed. It then states that they can confirm the payment arrangement of £1.00 per month is in place and that is it bar some stuff about how they are aware of the impact Covid 19 is having and how I can contact them if I need further support.

So, where do I stand with this ? The documents they have sent me don't really look like what I would consider to be a proper CCA that would contain my name and address, the date the loan was accepted, the firm that offered the loan , terms and conditions etc etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and if anyone would like to see the documents Wescot have sent me please let me know and I will see how I can go about showing them without giving away too much personal information.

Many thanks

Daz
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X