• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ready to get my head out the sand. Can anyone help.. please :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to get my head out the sand. Can anyone help.. please :)

Hi guys, my name is nick and I have a finance management problem.

So to cut a long story short a combination of coming from a family with bad money management and low income I have always struggled with having ‘cash in the bank’. On top of that bad habits of sticking my head in the sand and avoidance have compounded these issues.

Due to the above and probably other factors it has led me to the position I am in now. I’ve always wanted to sort out my financial position but have never really known how. I’ve now got to a position where I want to not just deal with my financial problems but more importantly learn how to become financially educated and responsible. Hopefully I can learn a few things from you guys on here!

So context over my current debt situation.

2 CCJ’s, one £347 approx 3 years old, the second £816 approx 2 years old. Both unsettled and with Lowell Solicitors. Both phone bills (head in hands), first one didn’t make final end of contract payment I believe and the other I actually have no idea - don’t even recall setting up the contract. However as I didn’t deal with either they are now CCJ’s and I have lost the chance to dispute.

Number of undealt with parking/dart charge tickets. I’m not sure how many (~7) but a few are at bailiff level - best way to find out the consolidated amount? They currently do not appear on my credit rating as I thought they would.

I have a few defaults on my credit rating but I don’t believe there are any outstanding balances on them so not really sure what to do if anything with those?

I have a £4000 loan with Amigo loans since 2018 missed some payments in terms of timings but have always kept it up to date. Current outstanding balance is £3220. Which is just crazy as I pay £158 a month. Last 3 months however have not been paid so am about £474 in arrears.

I believe I may have a few smaller debts outside of those which I still need to nail down and find info on but those outlined above are say 95% of my debt issues.

Income wise, approx £2200 per month, £38,000pa, I help my family with a £700 monthly payment (court agreement I have to uphold to stop the house being repossessed) and also have my own rent of £550 plus bills.

Ok so I’m not really sure if this is the right forum or approach so I’m sorry if I’ve wasted your time!! If you do have ANY guidance or advice I am seriously ALL EARS!

I am also currently considering getting a financial advisor to review mine and my families financial position for a holistic approach and just basically use their knowledge and help us make better financial decisions. Problem is all the ones I’d seen help people with mankind investment type positions which is not quiet what I’m looking for. We all honestly work really hard, especially my parents. My Mum actually is currently working two jobs. So it’s not from laziness, but a phase I heard recently was work smart not hard and I think Me and my parents included have been doing that for far too long!! Time to wisen up!!

Thanks. Nick.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X