• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Voluntary Termination and Damage liabilities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Voluntary Termination and Damage liabilities

Hi, we just voluntarily terminated our vehicle with Motonono after reaching the halfway point. We contacted them in December 2020 and arranged through their collections dept for a company called Crystal Collection to contact us for a date to do so. They contacted us and informed us that it would be the 1st week of January nearly 4 weeks after the Voluntary Termination. We canceled all insurance and commenced Sorn procedure. The vehicle sat there for 3 weeks in extreme cold and inclement weather. However a week prior to collection i had to move the vehicle slightly to gain access to a garden gate and thus discovered Automatic Handbrake had seized on. Informed the collection company of this and they aborted the original date in favor of sending a hiab to lift car off driveway. However, when he turned up he was able to move it and drive it to the roadside and load it. We received an inspection from the collection person (BVLRA trained) who told us just wear and tear took pics saying no refurbishment was required Several weeks later we received a letter stating our liabilities for a non-runner?? contacted them and informed me at first the account was closed and showing a zero balance but could also see this generated letter. Their argument is that the car was handed back a non-runner but we have evidence of the car being driven to roadside and auction house Copart stating they verified the vehicle started engaged gear and was able to drive on arriving at the compound. Where do I stand as surely they need to show proof of this prior to the vehicle being sold and also for me to have an independent inspection of said vehicle?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X