• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Set a side judgement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set a side judgement

I need some help with trying to set aside a judgement. My son has has just received a judgement against him in the post. but it came to my address. My son hasn't lived at my address for around 10 years and has lived at 3 other address at since. just to point out he gets very little mail, if any at all coming to my house. he has not received any court papers otherwise he would have dealt with it. he has contacted the court to find out it was a Debt for, as he has no knowledge of the debt. it turns out it is a credit card that he had he had over 8 years ago which he believes he paid off over 5/6 years ago he cut up the card.because he was saving up to get married and remove temptation. He has just recently got a mortgage from a building society and nothing came back in the credit search.Otherwise the Building society would have pulled him up about it. He checked his online credit score last night and it came back as 998. Due to his job, he works funny hours he has asked me to help deal with this. I have called the debt collection company and asked can i have all the paperwork, contract, default notice etc, so he can try to sort this out and they said no. he will have to apply to the courts because they have already got the judgement.

so what would be his best course of action and defence be
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X