• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I shoplifted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I shoplifted

Hi, I need so advice. I shoplifted today from a supermarket, never done it before but I guess having kids and loosing job due to the virus desperate people do desperate things. I concealed a few items in my carrier bag and lone and behold the cashier asked to check my bags are empty as they are told they need to ask this now. OK so the £75 items were found and the manager was called. I was very very apologetic. He didn't take any details and said he has to report it and I was banned from that store and that was it. Have I really been let off and would anything further happen? He didn't really say much at all and it was very informal. He wasn't the main manager also. I even walked back to the supermarket 30 mins later and saw him outside and said how sorry I am and he didn't go into it at all and said something like I really can't talk about it. Can I ask what your opinion is on this. It was a Saturday so possibly he saw me with my 3 year old in the pram and thought it be easier to just let me go
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X