• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court Claim, Lowell / Ratesetter Need help please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court Claim, Lowell / Ratesetter Need help please.

Received a claim?Yes
    Issue Date:13 Oct 2020
    Amount approx:1503.76
    Claimant:Lowell Portfolio Ltd
    Solicitor:Lowell Solictors LTD
    Original Creditor: Ratesetter LTD
    Original Debt: NoN-commercial peer-to-peer loan agreement

Particulars of Claim:
    1)The Claim comprises the following Agreements the Defendant entered into:

a. Retail Money Market & RateSetter LTD with Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and current balance of £430.70

b. Retail Money Market & RateSetter LTD with Ref: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and current balance of £822.78
    The Agreements were terminated as payments were not maintained and subsequently assigned
    to the Claimant.
    And the Claimant claims:
    a) The total of the said sums being £1253.48
    b) Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of
    assignment to the date of issue, but limited to one year, being £100.28
    c) Costs

Is the debt Statute Barred?NO
    List any letters you have sent:Yes CCA

Any Other Info:

This is not my CCJ but my sisters i only got to find out about this yesterday, from what i understand both off the loans was from RateSetter back in 2015 and they was taken out in my sisters name for her live in boyfriend as he couldn't get any sort of credit at the time and they was being paid on time each month by my sisters boyfriend, but they then split some 5 months later and my sister was left with this mess to clear up and my sister being my sister just hope it would go away. But having 3 kids and not working there is no way she can afford to pay this she is just keeping her head above water as it is, from what i understood from her she did told Lowell this but as they pointed out many times to her they are in her name so need to be paid asap.

So i have check with money claim online and she has made an acknowledgment of service which was received on 28/10/2020 and she defend all of this claim and asked for 28 days to file a defence and has she sent out a CCA request letter before they sent out the Court claim pack and she has had this back from Lowell Solictors the only thing which for me is there is only one loan agreement the other looks like someone has just type it up, she also sent out a CPR 31.14 Request letter and a subject access request letter which she has not had back yet, i have copied the CCA pack they sent to her into PDF and black out any information that says whom she is and can upload this if it with help, my only concern is how long she has left to file a defence as from what i can see it is from the 13 Oct and not when she did it on the 28/10/2020, any help would be a blessing as this is all new to me and at the same time a minefield.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X