• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unreasonable Demands of Executors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unreasonable Demands of Executors

Executors of my mother’s will have for six years withheld payment of my legacy conditional on signing their undated, unsigned and inaccurate accounts of the estate. They are also requiring me to accept unlimited liability for any claims on the estate ‘whatsoever and how so ever arising’.

I have now been advised that there are two new legacies due to me, but the same executors are insisting on the same terms to release payment.

The problem is that these are malicious and dishonest family members whom I have no reason to trust.

I have documentary evidence of fraud, theft and misrepresentation in respect of my mother’s will and was advised by Action Fraud that I was a victim of Fraud by Abuse of a Position of Trust contrary to s.4 of The Fraud Act 2006. AF passed a crime pack to my local constabulary who were not in the least interested.

I have repeatedly contacted the executors for payment of my legacy and at the last communication in 2019, sent by ‘signed for delivery’ they did not even collect the letter from the post office and the letter was returned.

Despite not signing any of their accounts, documents or letters sent to me, the executors are demanding an independent witness to my signature. I have asked them to accept my live in partner as a witness on the basis that I am in the Clinically Extremely Vulnerable’ category for Covid 19 and do not see family, let alone anyone else.

We have entirely separate and independent financial arrangements with no legal obligations and the only coercion is coming from the executors themselves.

CA have not the expertise and I have had some really bad experiences with lawyers who have assured me they could recover the money and then, having taken their fees, say the amount is not worth pursuing. Last week a solicitor from Which Legal said if I wanted my inheritances would have to accept full liability for the actions of the executors, otherwise it would ‘just go on until one side gave in’

The executors are saying that the indemnity is standard legal practice, but I understood that executors cannot escape liablility fo claims arising from their administration.

I am really scared of legal bills that will wipe out all I have. Is there anyone who can help ?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X