• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

VWFS refurb costs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VWFS refurb costs

I've had a bit of a google and can’t find anything with something concrete in.
    I took out hire purchase on an Audi a1 in 2017. I fell pregnant at the start of the year and I’m due in December, meaning the lovely salary is due to significantly decrease and with Covid it’s all over the place anyway.

my car has some slight damage, which could be repaired for about £500/600 at a local garage. My issue is that I don’t have that kind of money spare these days. I want to voluntary terminate the finance and send it back to Audi. It’s a luxury I can no longer afford and it’s too small for a family anyway now.

my question is, if you send a car back with damage and excess mileage, are AUDI or VWFS finance happy to agree an affordable repayment plan to clear the amount? If I get it fixed it myself I’d have to keep it for another 6 months or so to save the money up. If I send it back I’m expecting a bill for excess mileage and damage. Or mileage if I get it repaired. Either way I couldn’t pay it outright.

Does anyone have an experience with this? I have emailed Audi and tried to get in contact via phone but I can’t get through after an hour on hold and no reply to the email.

in my mind they can’t expect you to pay a bill if you don’t have the money, and I’m happy to pay it just not all at once and I don’t fancy legal action over a fee scratches to a car. Sadly no matter how much care you take of a car you can’t control other people being careless idiots. Appreciate the advice if anyone has any?!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X