• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Paying mortgage but not on deeds!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paying mortgage but not on deeds!

Hi thanks for this site!
    I am looking for advice regarding my position re my house/mortgage!

I moved in with my husband 13 years ago and as he owned the house already I am not on the mortgage although I pay it (and all the bills!) since he lost his business 3 years ago
    I sold my own house when I moved here and gave him £150,000 to prop up his business which almost immediately failed taking all the money and leaving us with his huge personal debt to pay off!

I have paid at least half of all bills since moving in and now pay everything as he has not worked at all since Dec 2017.

We have wills (made through online company) leaving each other everything and in the event of both dying splitting everything between our 5 grown children but I don’t feel secure and as sad as this is I feel worried that my stepsons would demand the house as it’s in their Dad’s name only!
    He thinks as we are married everything would naturally come to me but I’m not sure and I don’t know whether I need to insist on being put on the mortgage.

Also, as he has bad credit following the business failures all the bills are in my name along with a huge credit card debt that has run up trying to keep afloat while he works out what to do next!
    In short:
    house is in his name
    bills and debt (other than mortgage) are in my name

I honestly feel silly for letting this situation happen and as we are going through a rough patch in the marriage I am wondering where to start with sorting this out- if I left I would have all the debt and nothing to show for all the money invested in this house!

Any advice appreciated
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X