• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vehicle not fit for purpose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle not fit for purpose

Good morning everyone,

I bought a manual Audi Q3 on a 4 year PCP from an Audi dealership in May 2019. Unfortunately in January 2020 I became extremely ill and spent almost 3 months in hospital with time spent in intensive care which has now left me in a wheelchair.

The car is now no longer fit for purpose as it is a manual and as I am not currently working due to my condition I now cannot afford to pay for the car. I have just been accepted for PIP and have been granted full mobility payment which will allow me to have a car that I can drive and gain some of my independence back.

I have spoken to 3 different car dealerships, Audi included and have been told that they will part exchange my vehicle for me to have a mobility car which is great. However they have said they’ll give me £14,500 but I currently owe £18,500 which makes me £4K into negative equity and I would need to make up that shortfall.

I am not working so can’t afford the monthly payments on my car (the PIP I receive and my outgoings mean that keeping the car makes me £100 short every month) and the car is just currently sat on my drive because I’m not physically able to drive it as I now need an automatic. I have spoken to the finance company and they’ve given me the generic options to get rid of the car, i.e sell it, part ex it or terminate my contract all which leave me with at least £4K shortfall.

Sorry for the ramble! My question to you is, is there actually anything I can do that won’t leave me in major debt and with a car I can’t drive!? The amount of stress this is causing me is phenomenal and is wreaking havoc on both my physical and mental health.

Thank you in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X