• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unjust Parking Charge Notice - Please Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unjust Parking Charge Notice - Please Help!

I am looking for assistance with a parking charge notice that has now unexpectedly commenced court proceedings.*
    On 2nd September 2019, I parked in a Parking Eye managed car park. It took almost half and hour to download the PayByPhone parking app (which was the only available option for me to pay) and further delays as the PayByPhone app would not initially accept my vehicle details. I then paid for 4 hours parking (£4.20), left the car park and returned to my vehicle at the correct time. I was completely shocked when I received a parking charge notice for £100 (£60 if paid within 14 days) from Parking Eye Ltd a few days later. I immediately appealed it but my explanation was rejected by Parking Eye. I then proceeded to appeal via Popla and this too was rejected. My final contact with them was back in November 2019. Then out of the blue last week (June 18th 2020), I received a claim form from the County Court Business Centre demanding a payment of £175.
    How is it possible:-*
    1) you can leave a car park unaware that you are liable for a fine, despite paying for the parking,
    2) one is responsible for well documented technology shortcomings on the PayByPhone App (the only available payment option to me) and*
    3) not to be given the opportunity to backpay for the correct parking start time or moreover why does the app not automatically adjust the start time to when your vehicle registration plate was scanned on entering the car park.*
    I would appreciate any support in my case.
    Many thanks in advance! Haznih
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X